Joining the Neighborhood Watch program requires only a small effort but provides a big payoff for you and your neighbors. The CRA’s Neighborhood Watch program connects residents to improve their community by taking ownership, combating crime, improving communication, creating partnerships, and building a more unified community.
What is Neighborhood Watch?
Neighborhood Watch is an organized group of residents devoted to improving safety and reducing crime in their community by working together to patrol the streets and report suspicious incidents/activity to local law enforcement.
Benefits of Neighborhood Watch
- Developing strong neighborhood relations and keeping an eye on one another’s properties.
- Educating residents to recognize suspicious activity and take appropriate action.
- Implementing other safety and crime deterrents, such as basic home security measures.
- Contributing to the reduction of home burglaries and other neighborhood crime.
The success of a Neighborhood Watch Program is effective communications. To help in this area Clean & Safe is implementing NEXTDOOR a private communication network. Nextdoor allows communities to easily create a private websites to facilitate communication among neighbors and build stronger neighborhoods.
Nextdoor was created based on the idea that the neighborhood is one of the most important and useful communities in a person’s life. Nextdoor’s mission is to use technology to help neighbors build stronger and safer neighborhoods.
On Nextdoor, members can:
- Publicize Neighborhood Watch Meetings.
- Exchange information about crime and safety issues.
- Spread the word quickly about suspicious vehicles and/or activities.
- Publicize available neighborhood safety initiatives offered by Clean & Safe, the CRA and CDC.
- Quickly add new neighbors to the network.
- If you would like more information about Neighborhood Watch please contact the Clean & Safe Office at:
1229 E. Blue Heron Blvd,
Riviera Beach FL.